YMCA Open Doors aims to address and reduce health inequalities by subsidising the cost of accessing programs and services that have a positive impact on overall health and wellbeing.
To identify programs that would be appropriate or beneficial, please see information on our website about our programs.
Open Doors applications can be completed by a referral agency (usually a welfare agency of a school) or by a YMCA service, and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Doors Information Sheet
Open Doors Application Form - with sections for Agencies and Applicants
To be eligible for Open Doors, applicants must:
- Be in a financial circumstance that makes the applicant unable, not unwilling, to pay the full fee of the YMCA program/service.
- Live locally (preferably within the local government area) to the YMCA site/program they wish to access or attend a service or school within the area (with the exception of camps).
- Children 10 years and under must be accompanied by an adult when attending the YMCA site/program (with the exception of camps).
- Have the appropriate attire to participate in some programs (e.g. swimming classes).
- Demonstrate that their circumstance has been improved through their involvement in Open Doors.
To apply for Open Doors, please follow this process:
- Referring agency to complete Referring Agency Nomination Form.
- Applicant or Applicant's parent/guardian to complete Participant Application Form with assistance from the Referring Agency.
- Referring Agency to submit completed application and nomination form to the Y Ballarat 's Head Office via email to email@example.com.
- YMCA to make Open Doors selections – allow one month for response.
- YMCA to notify agencies and applicants of the status of the application.
- YMCA to organise enrolment, orientation and program inductions for successful applicants.
For further information, please contact YMCA Ballarat on 4311 1500.