Through the generosity of the wider community, this year’s festive season will be brighter for 175 local children and young people. Bags of Joy have been packed full of gifts and are being distributed by local agencies just in time for Christmas to those who need them most.
A huge thank you to all who donated and supported this initiative and the band of volunteer helpers who assembled the bags!
Bags of Joy came from an idea by local young person, Jessy Malham, and has grown over the last 6 years to make the difference it does today. While the original Boxes of Joy may have changed to bags this year, they are already bringing more than a few smiles!
We’d like to especially also acknowledge and thank the following organisations and individuals for their incredible support, donations and collections which ensured that Bags of Joy are able to bring happiness to so many children and young people.
- Jessy Malham – creator and founder of Bags of Joy
- Ballarat Health Services and Ballarat Childcare Cooperative
- Ballarat Neighbourhood Centre team
- Ballarat, Sebastopol and Wendouree Libraries
- Berry Street
- Higher Society
- The Y Service Club of Ballarat
- The Y Ballarat staff and wider Y family